The past several weeks with the chaotic weather and family flying in and out have given us a break from the house for the most part, but also left us anxious to truly finish it. We are hoping to get quite a bit done this week and I'm hoping to also get back into a regular posting routine and try some new recipes too.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE
It is warm with expected thunderstorms all week, but that's Texas for you.
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
It's a bit dreary and gray, but dry for the moment.
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE
Nothing as I have fasting blood work later this morning after we drop my mom at the airport. We are going to try a new Cajun place for lunch though that I'm looking forward to.
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
I see tons to do, but will get a running start at it this afternoon after we return.
TO DO FOR THE WEEK
- Drop mom off at airport.
- Blood work today with a follow-up appointment for the results later in the week.
- Clean spare bedroom and bathroom.
- Return a chair to my uncle that my mom was using during her stay.
- Start the sorting on the studio that is piled to the ceiling to get it all out of the rest of the house during my mom's visit.
- Drop off donations from the minimalization project at women's shelter re-sale shop.
- Drop off hundreds of magazines to the hospital for their waiting rooms.
- Clean top to bottom.
- Several loads of laundry.
- Paint all the new molding hubby has been putting up. This alone will take me weeks.
TELEVISION / DVR
Not sure yet, need to see what the new summer shows are going to be.
CRAFTS & PROJECTS
LOL Nothing until the studio is sorted out.
MENU PLANS FOR THE WEEK
YOGURT & FRUIT
SCRAMBLED EGGS & CHEESE
YOGURT & FRUIT
MAPLE OATMEAL & RAISINS
EGGS in the CLOUDS
BACON & EGGS
FRUIT & CHEESE
SOUP & CRACKERS
MEAT & CHEESE
RECIPE EXPERIMENT NIGHT
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES & BBQ BEANS
ON MY MIND
As I sat at many family events this week watching brothers and sisters interact I realized that two of the most important words in the English language are PERCEPTION and PERSPECTIVE. Each of our perceptions and perspectives are developed through OUR experiences in life and OUR interactions with family, friends and peers as well as teachers and even strangers. While much of life is black and white, many a memory falls into the gray area shrouded with personal perceptions and perspectives based on age, sex, education, playground interactions, job type, public interactions at different cultural times in society, etc... I have chosen NOT to get involved with many of the family arguments that have ensued over the years and refuse to in the future also. Long story short, sometimes it just isn't worth the hassle.
PERCEPTION per·cep·tion pərˈsepSH(ə)n/
noun: perception; plural noun: perceptions
- the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.
- the state of being or process of becoming aware of something through the senses.
- a way of regarding, understanding, or interpreting something; a mental impression.
PERSPECTIVE per·spec·tive pərˈspektiv/
- the art of drawing solid objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other when viewed from a particular point.
- a view or prospect.
- a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.
We finished our 30 day minimalization project this past week and am proud to say we ended at almost 3 times the expected outcome with 1182 items! This week we will begin yet again as I begin the clean out of the studio and finish unpacking all the remaining boxes! I'm really looking forward to this and feeling a bit more settled because of it. The goal is to reach a point where we can have the carpet installed the first week of June and then acquire the last few pieces of furniture we want and need.
FAVORITE PHOTO FROM THE CAMERA
I did not even get a chance for any pictures this week.
Be sure to link up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy homemaker Monday and with Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.