1/2 cup crisco
3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees°.
- Using a stand mixer cream the butter and shortening together until creamy.
- Add sugar, one cup at a time. It may be a little grainy, but don't worry it won't stay that way.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. I break each egg into a small bowl and whisk it before adding it. Grams always thought this was best.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Alternately add milk and flour mixture, starting with the flour and ending with the flour until creamy and smooth.
- Mix in lemon juice and vanilla. Batter will be a bit thick.
- Use a spatula to move batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bounce the pan on the counter top several times to remove the air bubbles and level it out for an evenly baked top.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. I start my timer at 1 hour and then check every 10-15 minutes after that.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Invert onto a plate and cool for 15 minutes more and then invert again so the pretty side is up.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
HI Tamy!! Sorry I've still been catching up around here - and was late on your HHM. Read it now and just sending huge hugs to you!! You have had so much to overwhelm you - and yet you keep working away and being the wonderful Lady you are- GO Girl!!ReplyDelete
Give yourself a big pat on the back for all you have accomplished these past many months.
Also, this pound cake looks amazing!! I bet that is SO yummy. ;) I hope you have a nice restful, peaceful, enjoyable, fun and blessed holiday weekend Sweetie. xoxo
Awww thank you so much for such sweet words. For me, staying busy hawwws always been a saving grace from thinking too much. I also like organization so finished projects are the best. I feel guilty for quilting or scrap booking or such before the BIG projects are done, but I do take time every now and then to bake. It really relaxes me.Delete