APPLE PIE STREUSEL MUFFINS adapted from OMG CHOCOLATE DESERTS I made this batch using a Texas size muffin pan, but find they are better as regular size because they are so rich and filling.
CINNAMON STREUSEL TOPPING
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon, add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly and set in the fridge until ready to use.
2 cup all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons QUALITY ground cinnamon
2 LARGE eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1 ½ cups COMSTOCK apple pie filling, chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line standard muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- Prepare streusel topping and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and granulated sugar until combined.
- Whisk in yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract – mixture should be a pale yellow.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand. The batter will be quite thick.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling less than two thirds.
- Tap the pan onto working surface to remove air bubbles.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of chopped apple pie filling on top of batter and gently press the apples into the batter.
- Reduce the heat to 375° and place pan in center of shelf.
- Bake about 19-22 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.
Honestly these are great without the glaze, but they are phenomenal with the glaze.
1 cup powdered sugar
1–2 Tablespoons milk
- Stir together powdered sugar and milk. If it’s too thin add more powdered sugar, if it’s too thick add more milk.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!