Last weekend my friend who is
the local Eagle’s Auxiliary president held her last fundraising function
for the year. We did a Paint-N-Sip event at the post. We had a great
turn out and in the end made a hefty sum to add to the scholarship fund.
We did raffle tickets for some incredible baskets, served a small
lunch, sipped mimosas and had a great time. It wasn’t my pick for a
painting, but it was for a good cause 😀
One of the things we did to raise money was hold a guessing raffle. I made a BIG batch of my incredible mystery fudge. This recipe originated 15 years ago or so when I was approached by Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce to promote their cookbook and sauce. I can’t find the sauce anywhere around here, but it tastes suspiciously like A1 sauce so that makes a great substitute. No one was able to guess the mystery ingredients, but we had some wild guesses – everything from mayonnaise to pop rocks 😀
INCREDIBLE MYSTERY FUDGE
12 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
2 sticks butter
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce or A1 sauce
2 pounds powdered sugar
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
3/4 cups heath bar bits (optional)
3/4 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the Velveeta, butter, Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce and chocolate.
- Microwave on high 2-4 minutes, stirring every minute until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture while beating with an electric mixture until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Stir in the nuts, heath bar bits or your desired combination totaling 1 1/2 cups.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Cover and chill until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!