CHOCOLATE CHERRY TRUFFLES
11 ounces QUALITY white chocolate, broken into pieces
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon cherry Jell-o**
CandiQuick or Melting Wafers for decorating
Sprinkles for decorating
- In a small saucepan, heat whipping cream until warm.
- Add butter, stirring until melted.
- Stir in Jell-o.
- Add in chocolate pieces, stirring quickly and constantly until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour until it begins to harden.
- When hard, scoop into balls on parchment paper lined baking sheet that fits in your freezer and freeze for about 30 minutes until VERY firm.
- Once firm, melt chocolate until smooth and creamy – about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds using the microwave.
- Use a small flat spatula or spoon to dip each ball in chocolate and place on wax paper to dry.
- Sprinkle with decorations immediately while chocolate is still wet.
- Keep refrigerated.
**NOTE: for non-Valentine holidays change up the cherry flavor for some variety. Also good with peach, raspberry and pineapple or any combo you can come up with I’m sure.
Please read my postReplyDelete