LOADED FRIED MASHED POTATOES
Avocado oil, for frying
2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1 LARGE egg, beaten
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives, plus more for garnish
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
All-purpose flour (optional)
Sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add enough oil to fill pan a third of the way up.
- In a large bowl, stir potatoes, cheese, egg, chives, hot sauce, and salt until combined. If your mashed potatoes are a little runny, add flour one tablespoon at a time until you can form dough balls.
- Working in batches (DO NOT CROWD PAN), scoop heaping tablespoons of mixture and drop into hot oil.
- Fry 2-3 minutes per side until golden on both sides.
- Top with sour cream and chives before serving.
NOTES: Everyone makes mashed potatoes slightly differently. If you make yours on the looser side just add a little flour to thicken them up so that they’ll fry better.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!