GRANNY’S TATER HAM & TATER SOUP
6 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 shallots, chopped
1 leek, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped small
1 stalk celery, chopped small
1 ham steak, fat trimmed and diced
5 cups HOMEMADE chicken stock
1/4 cup chopped FRESH Italian leaf parsley
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/3 cup butter
12 ounce can evaporated milk
- Melt butter in large saute or stock pot.
- Add carrots, shallots, leeks, potatoes and celery, sauteing 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and parsley.
- Season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add stock and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add ham pieces and evaporated milk.
- Season to taste and simmer 10-15 minutes more.
NOTE: This recipe is also delicious and gives you a smoother texture if you mash or slightly puree the vegetables before adding the ham pieces.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!