PAN SEARED CHICKEN with RUSTIC TOMATO HERB PAN SAUCE
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 garlic cloves, FINELY minced
1 tablespoon chopped FRESH thyme leaves
1 tablespoon chopped FRESH oregano**
1 tablespoon chopped FRESH Italian flat leaf parsley**
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
1 small shallot, FINELY chopped
2 cups grape or small cherry tomatoes, halved
4 chicken breasts
- Mix together the softened butter, thyme and parika in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of your herb butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken breasts with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken breasts with Wondra flour and then add to the sizzling butter. Sear breast on each side for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to plate, tent with foil and keep warm while you prepare the sauce.
- Increase heat slightly.
- Add shallots and tomatoes to pan, stirring occasionally, until they begin to char, about 5 minutes.
- Mash tomatoes slightly to release their juice.
- Add remaining butter, stirring to blend.
- Season to taste.
- Plate chicken and spoon sauce over.
**NOTE: I like to buy the “Pasta Mix” in the produce section. It is a combination of oregano, basil, thyme and Italian parsley.