ASIAGO PASTA PEAS
16 ounces ditalini pasta
2 cups FRESH hulled peas
2 green onions, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon onion powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- Drain well and return to pot.
- Whisk together the heavy cream, salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Add cream mixture, garlic and peas to pan you cooked the pasta in and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- After 2 minutes add in pasta.
- When cream begins to thicken fold in cheese, stirring to melt.
- Season to taste.
- Serve immediately.