This makes for a perfect fancy dinner and it is extremely easy to prepare. Make it for company and they’ll think you worked on it ALL day.
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
16 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 LARGE bunch green onions, sliced
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons FRESH Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups Madeira Wine (Marsala works in a pinch)
1 1/2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Fill a medium pot with 6 cups water, bring to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Add asparagus and boil uncovered until crisp tender and bright green, 2-3 minutes then remove immediately from hot water, quickly submerge into cool water to stop the cooking and set aside to drain.
- Place a large heavy (oven-safe) pan over medium-high heat and melt in 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in shallots and onion and cook 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic cloves then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add parsley, cooking another 2 minutes then remove mixture to a plate and wipe skillet clean with wet paper towel.
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound each cutlet between plastic wrap until no more than 1/4″ thick.
- Season chicken breasts all over with salt and pepper.
- Place same pan over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil.
- When butter is finished foaming, add chicken breasts and saute 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and JUST cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan to the same plate as mushrooms. KEEP WARM.
- Add Madeira wine and bring to a SLOW boil, cooking until reduced by half, 5 minutes of vigorous boiling, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze as you go.
- Add beef broth and SLOW boil again until 2/3 cup liquid remains.
- Reduce heat to medium, add heavy cream and simmer 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Return chicken to the pan, turning it to coat in the sauce.
- Top with mushrooms, asparagus and sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top. I sometimes use sliced mozza.
- Broil 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!