BLUEBERRY LIME NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Stir together the graham crackers, ginger and brown sugar.
- Add the melted buttered mix until well blended.
- Press the crumbs firmly into bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Place in refrigerator while you prepare the sauce and cheesecake.
1 1/2 cups WILD blueberries
1/8 cup sugar
1 tablespoon water
- Stir together the blueberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over 5 medium heat 5 minutes until berries break down.
- Use an immersion blender to blend well.
- Pour entire mixture through a sieve into a clean sauce pan.
- Cook a few minutes on medium heat until mixture thickens slightly.
- Cool in refrigerator also while preparing cheesecake.
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2-8 ounce cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lime zest
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
2 teaspoons FRESH, FINELY grated ginger
- Whip whipping cream 2-3 minutes in the bowl of a stand mixer bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer whipped cream to a clean bowl and refrigerate.
- Add cream cheese and sugar to stand mixer bowl.
- Mix on medium 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth.
- Add line zest, powdered sugar, vanilla and fresh ginger, mixing 1-2 minutes until fully incorporated.
- GENTLY (so as not to deflate the whipped cream) fold in one third of the whipped cream with a spatula to lighten the cream cheese.
- GENTLY fold in remaining whipped cream until ALMOST fully incorporated.
- Pour over chilled crust and smooth out evenly.
- Drop several spoonfuls of blueberry sauce over cheesecake.
- Using a thin knife or wooden skewer, swirl sauce into cheesecake.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
LIME WHIPPED CREAM
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons lime zest
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Whip the whipping cream on high 3 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Add the lime zest and powdered sugar, whipping until incorporated.
- Serve the cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of blueberry sauce.
- Using a copper mixing bowl and beaters that have been chilled in the freezer make a for quicker whipping and fluffier whipped cream.
- Blackberries substitute really well also.