ADOBO CHICKEN adapted from Bobby Flay
1 tablespoon ancho chile powder*
1 tablespoon New Mexican chile powder*
1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano (or Italian dried oregano is fine)*
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin*
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder*
1/2 teaspoon onion powder*
1/2 cup orange pineapple juice
1 limed, juiced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 8 ounces each
- Preheat 2 cast-iron grill pans over medium heat.
- Whisk together the ancho chile powder, New Mexican chile powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, orange juice, lime juice and season with salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add the oil and whisk.
- Put the chicken in the marinade, turning the chicken to coat both sides.
- Grill the chicken until golden brown and slightly charred on one side, about 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 more minutes; the juices should run clear and the meat thermometer should read 165°.
NOTE: *These are the ingredients from Bobby Flay’s recipe. I have replaced them with a combination of equal parts Pampered Chef’s Chile Lime seasoning and Organics Adobo seasoning.