Huli Huli is a cooking method of roasting chicken on a spit and serving it with a teriyaki-like sauce. Huli is the Hawaiian word for turn and as it cooks people would shout HULI as the chickens turned on the spit.
This tasty recipe has succulent chicken, delicious teriyaki, and sweet pineapple to recreate the VERY best of the HULI HULI experience. I bet you might even hear the waves lapping up on the shore, the Hawaiians shouting TURN or the sizzle of the drippings hitting the open fire.
GRILLED HULI HULI CHICKEN
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce
1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Whisk together all ingredients except the chicken.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag.
- Pour juice mixture over chicken, turning chicken pieces to coat well and seal bag.
- Marinade in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Heat grill to low-medium
- Drain the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Grill chicken until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through, but DO NOT OVER COOK!
- Serve over rice with grilled pineapple slices.