HONEY ORANGE PINEAPPLE CHICKEN ala SLOW COOKER serves 6-8
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup orange pineapple juice
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup QUALITY honey
1/4 cup apricot pineapple preserves
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce
1/4 cup Heinz Chili sauce
8 ounce can crushed pineapple
1 small can Mandarin orange segments, drained WELL
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup sliced carrots
chopped green onions for garnish
- In a mixing bowl whisk together orange pineapple juice, lemon juice, chicken broth, honey, preserves, brown sugar, cornstarch, teriyaki sauce, Chili sauce, Country Bob’s sauce and crushed pineapple.
- Spray slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker in as shallow a layer as possible.
- Top with onion and carrot pieces.
- Pour juice mixture over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Cover and cook 1 hour more.
- Top with Mandarin orange segments, turn off heat, cover and let sit 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Top with fresh chopped green onions.