ITALIAN PORK CHOPS
4 boneless pork loin chops
1 tablespoons avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
3 strips bacon, chopped and cooked crisp (reserve bacon grease for searing pork chops)
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 small red onion, halved and sliced
8 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup diced pastrami
1/2 cup heavy cream
Prepared egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Pound chops to 1/4-1/2 inch maximum.
- Generously season chops with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Add avocado oil and butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear chops 2 1/2 minutes per side and transfer to baking sheet to keep warm in oven.
- Add onions and mushrooms to skillet, sauteing until starting to caramelize, about 10=15 minutes.
- Add Marsala to pan and de-glaze and reduce until almost evaporated.
- Add beef broth, pastrami and cream. Simmer until reduced by half and beginning to thicken.
- Stir in bacon pieces.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over pork chops and noodles.