For company dinner these make a great impression served as individual dishes. They also looked like you worked all day making them even though they are really simple!
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
8 ounce russet potato, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup creme fraiche
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh flat leaf parsley
Generous amount of Fresh ground salt and black pepper, to taste
2 eggs, separated
pinch cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using a pastry brush coat the inside of 2 12 ounce ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Parmesan in each.
- In a pot of salted boiling water cook potato until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes in colander and then return to empty pan to cook off any excess moisture for 30 seconds or so.
- Using a ricer mash potatoes into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add unsalted butter and creme fraiche, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in parsley, salt, pepper and egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until foamy
- Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg whites to potato mixture in 2 batches, combining JUST until there are no streaks.
- Divide potato mixture between the ramekins.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until tops are puffed and golden.
Thanks for sharing at the Lazy Gastronome's What's for Dinner party. Have a great week!ReplyDelete