BISCUIT TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIES 6 servings
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 LARGE Vidalia onion, chopped
2 large carrots, sliced
1 large stalk celery, diced
2 + 1/2 cups flour
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup whole milk
4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
2 cups spinach leaves
Fresh ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large stock pot, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots and celery, stirring until soft, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup flour, stirring to blend until flour is golden.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, stirring until thick and creamy.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cream and milk until well blended.
- Add in spinach and chicken pieces, cooking for 5 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide mixture into 6-8 ramekins.
- Arrange ramekins on baking sheet. (KEEP WARM)
- I like to pour the contents out onto a plate for eating.
OPTIONAL: I sometimes add a can of Le Seur peas for color more than anything.
1 1/2 cups finely grated sharp white cheddar cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons COLD unsalted butter, cut into tiny pieces
1 cup whole buttermilk
- In a large bowl sift together 2 cups flour, 1 cup of the cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Using a pastry blender cut in the cutter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add buttermilk and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. (Dough will be sticky and that’s okay)
- Drop by HEAPING spoonfuls onto silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake until edges are beginning brown.
- Place one biscuit on top of each ramekin and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper.
- Add to oven for 5-6 minutes until cheese is melted and pot pies heated through.
Elevated comfort food!! Yum! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party! Hope you have a fantastic week and we see you at the next party!ReplyDelete
Looks great. We love chicken pot pie. Thanks for sharing at Love Your Creativity. Merry Christmas.ReplyDelete
I love the sound of this! Yum! Happy holidays! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!ReplyDelete