CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER - CROCK POT STYLE serves 8-10
1/4 cup butter
3 pounds golden potatoes, washed and diced
1/2 LARGE Vidalia onion, diced
FRESH ground black pepper, to taste
4 cups chicken broth, preferably FRESH made
20 ounces frozen corn
3 tablespoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons water
3 cups heavy cream
3 cups diced rotisserie chicken pieces
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled for garnish
- Spray LARGE crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cube butter into bottom of crock pot.
- Add potatoes and corn, stirring to combine.
- Pour in chicken broth, cover ad cook on high 4 hours.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water to form a slurry. Stir slurry into soup.
- Gently stir in cream, recover and cook another 20-30 minutes until soup has thickened.
- Fold in chicken pieces cooking another 10-15 minutes until warmed through.
- Serve warm with Parmesan Cheddar biscuits.
- Garnish with green onions, bacon pieces and shredded cheese.