1 small head green cabbage
1/4 cup butter
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
4 + 1 tablespoons Italian tomato paste
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the yogurt, 4 tablespoons tomato paste, red pepper flakes and garlic. Set aside.
- Cut cabbage in half through the core. Cut each half into 4 quarters.
- Melt butter in cast iron pan.
- Place cabbage quarters in hot butter and season with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Sear well on each cut side.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and 1/2 cup water.
- Add tomato water mixture to pan.
- Place pan in oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove pan and spread a layer of tomato mixture over cabbage pieces.
- Return pan to oven for 10-15 minutes more until cabbage is tender.