DRUNKEN CHICKEN & TOMATOES
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons avocado oil
8 ounces beech mushrooms
2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Marsala wine
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped flat leaf Italian parsley, divided
- Butterfly each chicken breast.
- Cut chicken breasts into eight 1/2 inch pieces each of equal size.
- Combine flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken pieces and coat well with flour.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Shake excess flour from each piece and add chicken pieces to hot oil.
- Saute’ chicken pieces about 3 minutes on each side until golden. Cook in batches if necessary DO NOT CROWD PAN.
- Remove chicken pieces and set aside to drain.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking until garlic is fragrant and mushrooms are beginning to caramelize.
- Add Marsala wine to pan, stirring often and cooking about 5 minutes until liquid is reduced by half.
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch. Add to pan and stir until well blended.
- Return chicken pieces to pan and top with tomato pieces and half the parsley.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until well coated and sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve over mashed potatoes of prepared egg noodles.
- Garnish with remaining parsley.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
1 ounce Curacao
1 ounce Bacardi rum
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 broccoli crown, cleaned and separated
1 can diced garlic & onion tomatoes, drained but reserve juice
salt & pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups egg noodles
- Pierce each chicken breast several times with a fork.
- Combine the rum and Curacao in an airtight tupperware.
- Add chicken and marinade for several hours over overnight.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- Steam broccoli to JUST tender.
- In a small saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle with flour and make roux.
- Combine the marinade and reserved tomato juice and add to roux.
- Cook over medium heat until thickens slightly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Drain chicken, retaining marinade.
- Saute chicken, garlic and green onions together, salt and peppering to taste.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.
- Add broccoli until warmed through.
- Plate over egg noodles.
- Pour sauce over top.