ORANGE BRAISED CHICKEN
2 bone-in chicken legs
2 bone-in chicken thighs
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup sliced fennel
1 small red onion, sliced
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons Bragg’s amino acids
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 navel orange, half juiced – other half sliced into half moons
Fennel feathers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat coconut oil in oven proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken pieces 8-10 pieces until golden on all sides.
- Transfer chicken pieces to platter and keep warm.
- Add onions and fennel to sauteing 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add orange juice to pan and deglaze.
- Add amino acids and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken pieces and orange slices and coat well.
- Place pan in oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or white rice.
- Garnish with fennel feathers.