ORANGE BRAISED CHICKEN
2 bone-in chicken legs
2 bone-in chicken thighs
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup sliced fennel
1 small red onion, sliced
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons Bragg’s amino acids
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 navel orange, half juiced – other half sliced into half moons
Fennel feathers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat coconut oil in oven proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken pieces 8-10 pieces until golden on all sides.
- Transfer chicken pieces to platter and keep warm.
- Add onions and fennel to sauteing 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add orange juice to pan and deglaze.
- Add amino acids and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken pieces and orange slices and coat well.
- Place pan in oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or white rice.
- Garnish with fennel feathers.
I am loving anything with orange flavor lately and this sounds like something that will definitely satisfy my craving for orange. Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Sounds VERY good! And not too complicated.... Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
OMG!! I am drooling! This looks insanely good!! Thank you so much for bringing to this week's Fiesta Friday party!ReplyDelete
Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,506. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!ReplyDelete