CHEESE & POTATO STUFFED PORK CHOPS serves 4
adapted from Bake At Midnite
4 center cut bone-in pork chops (about ¾-inch thick)
2 medium potatoes, sliced VERY thinly (See note)
4 green onions, sliced thin
½ cup shredded Fontina cheese
4 slices Gruyere cheese
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
4-6 sprigs FRESH thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Make a “pocket” in the chops to hold the filling.
- Peel the potatoes if you wish.
- Slice the potatoes ULTRA thin…so you can read through them.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl.
- Add green onion pieces, the cheeses, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
- Stuff each chop with a quarter of the potato-cheese mixture.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Quickly sear each side of chops and then place them in prepared pan.
- Brush with remaining melted butter.
- Top with thyme sprigs.
- Sprinkle lightly with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
NOTES: You may also substitute 2 cups frozen shredded potatoes that are thawed and dried of ALL moisture if you don’t want to bother with the thin slicing.
SLOW COOKER METHOD:
- Proceed as above except place chops in a 5-7 Quart slow cooker. Try to angle the chops with the stuffed pocket angled upward.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hrs.
Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,506. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!ReplyDelete