GRANNY SMITH APPLE BREAD
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons apple pie spice
1/2 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
scant 1 teaspoon sea salt
2 LARGE eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Tillamook old fashioned vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
2/3 cup avocado oil
2 GRANNY SMITH apples
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Generously spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In one bowl sift together the flour, apple pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the eggs and sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add yogurt and vanilla, beating to incorporate.
- Gradually beat in the avocado oil, beating until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture, scraping down the sides until well mixed.
- Peel and core apples.
- Slice one half of an apple into thin slices. Small dice the remaining apples.
- Fold all but 1/2 cup of small diced apples into the batter.
- Spread batter in loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes and then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Toss remaining 1/2 cup apple pieces with lemon juice. Drain off juice and reserve for glaze.
4 PACKED tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 teaspoons heavy cream
- Heat brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar melts.
- Add cream and salt.
- Bring to a SLOW simmer.
- Remove from heat and let cool, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Fold in reserved apple pieces.
- Drizzle over bread and serve immediately.
- Store any remaining bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator.