GRANNY SMITH APPLE BREAD
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons apple pie spice
1/2 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
scant 1 teaspoon sea salt
2 LARGE eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Tillamook old fashioned vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
2/3 cup avocado oil
2 GRANNY SMITH apples
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Generously spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In one bowl sift together the flour, apple pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the eggs and sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add yogurt and vanilla, beating to incorporate.
- Gradually beat in the avocado oil, beating until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture, scraping down the sides until well mixed.
- Peel and core apples.
- Slice one half of an apple into thin slices. Small dice the remaining apples.
- Fold all but 1/2 cup of small diced apples into the batter.
- Spread batter in loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes and then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Toss remaining 1/2 cup apple pieces with lemon juice. Drain off juice and reserve for glaze.
4 PACKED tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 teaspoons heavy cream
- Heat brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar melts.
- Add cream and salt.
- Bring to a SLOW simmer.
- Remove from heat and let cool, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Fold in reserved apple pieces.
- Drizzle over bread and serve immediately.
- Store any remaining bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
That looks like something to serve company!! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party. Hope the rest of your week is great!ReplyDelete