1 tablespoon salted butter
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
4 cups Rice Krispies
5-6 ounces chopped Butterfinger candy bars (or candy bar of your choice)*
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening
- Spray an 8×8-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and peanut butter together over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rice krispies.
- Stir in the Butterfingers, reserving 1/4 cup as topping.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepare pan and press it evenly into the pan with clean hands.
- Let it cool.
- Cut the Krispie Treats into nine equal pieces and move them to a platter.**
- Melt the chocolate chips and the shortening together in a small saucepan or in a small glass bowl in the microwave or until they are melted and smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate into a zip baggie, snip the corner and squeeze the chocolate into the corner.
- Drizzle chocolate onto each Krispie Treat and then sprinkle with some Butterfinger crumbs and then drizzle more chocolate on top.
- Place the Krispie Treats in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set the chocolate. Do NOT leave them in the refrigerator – they will get too hard!
- Store them in a covered container.
- *Use a candy bar with a cookie or nut base along with the chocolate. We prefer Heath bars, KIT KATs or Butterfingers.
- **You can eat them as they are or store them in a covered container. Otherwise continue with the topping directions.