1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 large onion, chopped small
2 mini red peppers, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced thin
2 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1 cup beef broth
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup dry white wine
LARGE pinch sea salt
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
FRESH potato rolls
- Melt butter into oil and sauté onions on low heat for about 10 minutes until golden.
- Add garlic, red peppers and mushrooms and cook another 10 minutes (add a little wine for moisture if needed).
- Add beef to the cooked mushroom mixture and sauté another 10 minutes until beef is cooked through.
- Sprinkle flour in and stir until everything is coated and flour is golden.
- Add the broth plus the Worcestershire, wine, paprika, and white pepper to the meat mixture.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, tasting it periodically, until reduced and beginning to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add the sour cream, careful not to curdle, and stir well.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cover baking sheet with foil.
- Slice open rolls, butter and place halves on baking sheet.
- Toast rolls 5 minutes in oven until edges begin to crisp.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly over rolls.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until rolls are crisp and cheese is melted and bubbly.