1 pound of asparagus
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
1 teaspoon FRESH ground Pink Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon FRESH ground tri-color peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
3 tablespoons butter
1 large shallot, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons Wondra
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring water and chicken broth to a boil in a steamer.
- Add asparagus to steamer basket. Steam 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove asparagus and save broth, adding enough water to measure 2 cups. Set aside.
- When the asparagus is cool enough to handle, trim off tops and halve the stalks in half.
- Toss the tops with a pinch of salt and set aside fr garnish.
- Add the stalks to food processor with 1 cup of the steaming broth. Blend until smooth.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan.
- Add shallot, sauteing until soft.
- Add the garlic, sauteing until fragrant.
- Sprinkle in flour, stirring to blend until golden.
- Slowly whisk in the whole milk, heavy cream and remaining 1 cup of broth.
- Stir in coriander and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in asparagus puree.
- Season to taste.
- Top with asparagus tips and Parmesan.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!