2 cups buttermilk
2 LARGE eggs, beaten
4 pork cube steaks
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/3 cup WONDRA flour
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Place steaks in a single layer in a shallow dish.
- Pour buttermilk over steaks and chill 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet.
- Combine flour and bread crumbs in shallow bowl.
- Add beaten egg to another shallow bowl.
- Season pork cube steaks with salt and pepper.
- Dredge steaks through eggs and then flour before adding to hot oil.
- Sear until golden, flip and sear other side.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and peppered gravy.
3 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons Wondra flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
3/4 cup whipping cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper + (to taste)
- Melt butter into bottom of pan you just cooked the chicken in.
- Scrape up any of the chicken pieces and mix into new butter.
- Add flour slowly, stirring until absorbed by butter and golden brown.
- Slowly add first the milk and then the cream.
- Stir constantly until thickens.
- If necessary sprinkle in more Wondra until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve over chicken and mashed potatoes.