FISHY (in a good way) CHICKEN STEW
3 slices bacon, chopped
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 LARGE shallot, chopped fine
1 celery stalk, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons anchovy paste
3 sprigs FRESH thyme, minced
3/4 cup white wine
5 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/3 cup WONDRA flour
1 pound white potatoes, diced
3 carrots, diced
chopped FRESH parsley for garnish
- In a large saute pan, cook bacon JUST until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper toweling.
- Add avocado oil to the bacon rendering in the pan and heat over medium flame.
- GENEROUSLY season chicken pieces with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken to hot oil and sear on both sides until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, anchovy paste and thyme, cooking 2-3 minutes until well blended.
- Add wine, 1 cup of the broth and liquid aminos, simmering until almost ALL the liquid is evaporated.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Add butter.
- When butter has melted, sprinkle with flour, stirring to combine.
- Whisk in remaining broth,
- Shred chicken and add to broth along with carrots and potatoes, stirring to combine.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Stir and bake another 30-45 minutes until carrots and potatoes are fork tender.
- Season to taste and fold in bacon pieces.
- Garnish and serve immediately. We like it over pasta. I know that’s weird, but it’s a family thing.