SLOW COOKER GINGER CHICKEN & SLAW
1/4 cup apricot jam
2 tablespoons ketchup (Jalapeno ketchup adds a bit of a kick)
1/4 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
2 tablespoons FRESH grated ginger
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped small
1 red Jalapeno pepper, chopped small
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Whisk together the apricot jam, ketchup, liquid aminos and ginger in 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeno and chicken, tossing to coat.
- Cook covered 4-5 hours on low, until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker.
- Stir in rice vinegar.
- Season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- 1 cup long grain white rice, prepared 25 minutes before serving according to package directions.
1/4 small red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
1 small green onions, sliced thin
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Toss all together.
- Season to taste.
- Serve chicken over rice with slaw.
- Top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.