2 1/2 - 3 cups KING ARTHUR all purpose flour
1 package Fleischman’s Active Dry Yeast
3/4 cup milk 1/4 cup fine sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 LARGE egg
- In the bowl of your mixer combine 1 1/4 cups of the flour and package of yeast.
- In a small saucepan combine the milk, sugar, butter and salt heating just until warm (120-130°) and butter almost melts.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Add egg beating on low 1 minute, scraping bowl continuously. Beat on high 3 minutes.
- Add as much of the remaining flour as possible.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, kneading until you have a soft, smooth, elastic dough, 3-5 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl, turning dough to coat in grease. Cover and place in a warm place to rise to double in size, about 90 minutes.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto lightly greased surface.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
1/4 cup fine sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cups chopped walnuts, ground fine**
1/3 cup Heath bar toffee bits
2 teaspoons QUALITY RED APE cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Caramel ice cream topping - warmed (Optional)
- Combine sugars, walnuts, cinnamon and toffee bits.
- Roll dough into a 20 inch x10 inch rectangle.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Evenly sprinkle nut mixture over butter, leaving about 1 inch unfilled along a long edge.
- Roll up from the long filled edge, sealing seam by pinching dough together.
- Place seam side down and cut into 8 equal portions.
- Cut each piece (once from each side) at the 1/3 third mark, BUT DO NIT CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH.
- Place each roll on prepared baking sheet 3 inches apart. As you arrange each piece gently pull each end to fan the roll slightly.
- Cover and place in warm place to rise again for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.