SWEET & SOUR CABBAGE ROLLS
8 WHOLE cabbage leaves
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 large Vidalia onion, diced
1 cup carrot sticks
1/2 cup sliced red pepper
1/3 pound ground sirloin
1/3 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons PURE maple syrup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stack leaves in a large dutch oven and cover with boiling water.
- Cover and bring to a boil for 4-6 minutes until cabbage is JUST tender enough to be pliable.
- DRAIN and cool leaves on towel.
- In a large skillet heat oil.
- Brown beef and pork JUST until crumbly.
- Add onion and saute’ 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and peppers, sauteing a couple minutes more.
- Add tomato paste and stir to coat.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and syrup, stirring to mix well and stirring often.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon 1/4-1/3 cup of mixture into each cabbage leaf rolling and tucking in the edges.
- Arrange rolls in baking dish seam side down.
- Top with tomato sauce, cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and return to oven uncovered until cheese melts and rolls are heated through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks for sharing at last week's What's for Dinner party - hope to see you there again this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!ReplyDelete