2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
3/4 cup apricot pineapple jam OR orange marmalade
Juice from 2 limes
3 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
20 ounce can crushed pineapple, DRAINED & RESERVED
15 ounce can Mandarin oranges, DRAINED & RESERVED
Prepared white rice
- Coat 6 quart slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chicken breasts to insert.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the cornstarch, brown sugar, liquid aminos, jam, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Add pineapple and Mandarin oranges to top of chicken.
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on low, stirring occasionally to coat chicken and blend flavors.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Add chicken back into sauce.
- Serve over rice with FRESH orange slices.
- Also works well over mashed potatoes.
- Use the reserved juices for a cocktail 😀