HONEY BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS
2 cups buttermilk
3 pounds chicken wings
3/4 cup Frank's original hot sauce
1/3 cup QUALITY honey
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon celery flakes
1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground sea salt
- Place chicken wings in a large Ziploc bag.
- Pour buttermilk over chicken pieces, turning to coat. Let sit 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken and discard buttermilk.
- Place chicken pieces back in the bag.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line baking pan with foil and lightly spray with non-stick oil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the hot sauce, melted butter, tomato paste, garlic powder, celery flakes and sea salt.
- Add 1/3 of sauce to the bag, tossing to coat chicken.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, basting with remaining sauce and turning every 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through .
- Serve with Bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup large curd cottage cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
4 ounces Bleu cheese crumbles (sometimes I use Gorgonzola for a bit of change or when I accidentally pick up the wrong container at the grocery store and we like it just as well)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until it’s well mixed.
- Chill for 24-48 hours before serving.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!