FRENCH Onion Potato Soup serves 2
3 tablespoons butter, divided 1 + 2
1 small Vidalia onion, halved root to tip and sliced thin
2 sprigs FRESH thyme, minced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup white wine
1 large russet potato, peeled and diced small
2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
4 slices baguette, buttered
1 cup grated gruy’ere cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in saucepan.
- Add onions, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are tender and light golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Add garlic, cooking a minute or two until fragrant.
- Add wine and cook until almost evaporated.
- Stir in potatoes and broth.
- Season to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until potatoes are fork tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender puree the soup.
- Stir in the heavy cream and remaining butter until melted and well blended.
- Preheat broiler.
- Pour soup into oven proof boils.
- Top with baguette slices.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown, 2-3 minutes.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!