12 ounces Barilla cellentani or rotini pasta
6 slices bacon, chopped, cooked until crispy
3 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
2 cups alfredo sauce (homemade or jar** – your choice)
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 cups micro arugula
2 large green onions, sliced thin
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 3 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta al dente per package directions. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl toss pasta with chicken pieces.
- Add alfredo sauce and toss until well coated.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Fold in green onions, bacon pieces and tomatoes.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes.
- Top with cheese and return to oven uncovered for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- This recipe is good leftover. BUT is BEST FRESH because of the lettuce and tomato.
- RAGU makes a basil alfredo that is super yummy!