Eating in general is still a HUGE issue for me (and ALWAYS will be for the rest of my life), BUT I LOVE to cook and my family still needs to eat, so why should they suffer my limitations? I may only get a few bites of each meal, but I promise they do NOT go to waste.
Hubby swears he HATES cooked mushrooms (little does he actually realize how much I use them in recipes like Bolognese where they are cooked down into the sauce that he’s been eating for years!!!!!!!) so the VISIBLE mushrooms in any recipe end up on any plate, BUT his! 😀 LOL I even sometimes have to cook the mushrooms in a separate pan to keep him happy if he’s hanging around the kitchen while I’m cooking, which if I’m honest I prefer to be alone while cooking. I seem to be more creative and get better inspiration during “alone” time. 😀
Because of my limitations in eating I rarely eat starches anymore, BUT this recipe is especially good with mashed potatoes to absorb all that glorious gravy!
BALSAMIC MUSHROOM CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
FRESH ground Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons avocado oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons QUALITY honey
1/4 cup STRONG balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken stock.
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme
- Generously season chicken breasts with FRESH ground Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Dredge through the Wondra flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts and sear for 2 minutes.
- Flip chicken.
- Add onions and garlic to pan sauteing for a minute.
- Add mushrooms, sauteing a couple minutes.
- Add vinegar, broth, honey and thyme.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook a few minutes more until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Cook 5 minutes more to reduce sauce.
- Add butter.
- Serve over chicken with mashed potatoes and/or your favorite veggies.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!