IRISH PUB STYLE POTATO NACHOS serves 4
I had these recently at an Irish Pub and they were SOOO good!. They are like regular nachos but instead of tortilla chips, they use crispy fried potato slices!
3-4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped bacon
4 green onions, sliced thin
1 large tomato chopped and drained
scant 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Slice potatoes in half.
- Slice each half into 1/4″ thick slices.
- Place potato slices in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes.
- Drain WELL and dry potatoes with paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss potatoes with avocado oil.
- Place on a parchment lined pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Season with FRESH ground sea salt immediately. Drain on paper towels.
- While potatoes are baking, cook bacon and render fat.
- Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Increase oven to 475°. In a bowl, combine cheese, most of the bacon and half of the green onions.
- Layer half of the potatoes in an oven proof skillet or the same baking tray.
- Top with half of the cheese mixture.
- Top with another layer of potatoes.
- Top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining green onions, bacon and dollops of sour cream.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!