2 LARGE white turnips, peeled and cubed
1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 cups chicken stock
1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
1/3 cup heavy cream**
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Sauté green onions and leeks in butter, stirring often until softened.
- Add potato and turnip cubes and sauté another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock and pumpkin puree.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Puree soup in a food processor or blender.
- Return soup to saucepan, whisk cream and heat through 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in hot bowls.
- Top with bacon and cheese.
**NOTE: For a more inense flavor use 1 can Classic Coconut milk
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!