I originally found this one on facebook and it was delicious, but hubby hated the bones so I now make it with boneless breasts. He also is NOT fond of wilted spinach so I cut back on the spinach and increased the parsley. I also increased the garlic - A LOT!
RUSTIC CREAMY PARMESAN CHICKEN
1 tablespoon oil
1 LARGE shallot, diced
½ Vidalia onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
2 cups heavy cream
- Generously season chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Dredge in Flour until VERY well coated.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Sear chicken well on both sides. Move the chicken around from time to time to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add garlic, shallot and onion, stirring until onions are translucent.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper, bringing to a boil.
- Stir in the tomatoes and spinach until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Place the chicken back in the pan, spooning the sauce on top of the chicken.
- Serve with pasta!