1 tablespoon avocado oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened to even sizes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
20 slices pepperoni
1 small red onion coarsely chopped
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small skillet heat oil to medium high and saute onion and garlic until fragrant and softened. Drain off oil and toss with lemon juice.
- In a lightly greased baking dish arrange chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Generously salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover and layer pepperoni in a single layer over chicken pieces.
- Top with onion garlic mixture.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and return to oven uncovered for another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with Parmesan, oregano and parsley.
- Serve over angel hair pasta.