When I saw this recipe I thought I was going to fall in love. Then I made a couple changes and KNEW I was in love! IT IS LIKE EATING A HEATH BAR WITH THE BONUS OF A HINT OF CINNAMON!
CINNAMON PECAN BRITTLE
Vegetable cooking spray
1 1/4 cups butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon instant espresso (Yuban instant coffee)
1 tablespoon dark unsulphured molasses
1/2 teaspoon table salt
2 cups Fisher cinnamon pecans
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- Line a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in granulated sugar, brown sugar, espresso, molasses, salt and 1/3 cup water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 290° (soft crack stage), about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in pecans.
- Immediately pour mixture into prepared pan spreading in an even layer, and sprinkle bittersweet and semisweet chocolate morsels over top.
- Let stand 5 minutes and then spread and swirl the chocolate pieces using an offset spatula.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Break toffee into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 7 days.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Wow, that looks delicious and dangerous ;)ReplyDelete
LOL it is both. I probably won't make it again until the holidays for that very reason.ReplyDelete
This looks AH-mazing!!! ;)ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh it IS. I am going to have to do a hundred miles on the treadmill! I can't wait to try it with some other nuts and flavors - like chopped cashews and half peanut butter chips.ReplyDelete