Since it's just the 2 of us I also make two recipes at a time when I need to use the grill - it's just plain easier! LOL the hard part is making sure that I use the right sauce on the right meat.
GRILLED PEPSI CHICKEN
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 large shallot, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 ounces (3/4 cup) Pepsi
1/3 cup Hunt's Jalapeno ketchup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat swirl oil to coat. Heat oil for a minute or two.
- Add shallots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic sauteing for a minute more until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add Pepsi, Hunt's Jalapeno ketchup, apple cider vinegar Worcestershire sauce and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until sauce has reduced to 3/4 cup. Set aside 1/3 cup in reserve, keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, paprika, salt and cumin until well blended.
- Rub chicken completely with sugar rub.
- Spray grill rack with PAM.
- Arrange chicken on the grill and baste with sauce.
- Grill 5 minutes, baste again and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
was on my way to check out your 4th of July HHM, and the photo of this chicken plate stopped me in my tracks. they both look soooo yummy.ReplyDelete
Thank you! It was yummy, but I think I preferred the Tropical pork.Delete