HAM & CHEDDAR SAVORY BREAD PUDDING
8-10 slices multi-grain bread with seeds*, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1 (3/4, 1/4 divided) cup SHARP cheddar cheese
6 large green onions, chopped
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chicken broth
Fresh ground black pepper
8 ounces ham steak, chopped fine
3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
3 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat 15x10 jelly roll pan and 4 large ramekins with PAM.
- Place bread cubes on jelly roll pan and bake for 10 minutes, turning as need or until lightly toasted.
- Cool toast.
- Combine bread cubes, 3/4 cup cheese, 3/4 of the onions, milk, chicken broth, pepper, ham, and egg yolks, tossing to mix and coat.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites at high speed until foamy.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Spoon 1 cup into prepared ramekins or see note.
- Top the ramekins with the remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toasted brown.
- Top with sour cream and ENJOY!
*ALSO works well with a really SOUR sourdough, but you'll want to add some extra seasoning!