3 pounds chuck roast
Fresh cracked salt and black pepper
Wondra flour for dredging
3 + 3 tablespoons quality butter
3 large carrots, cleaned and sliced into logs
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 large Walla Walla onions, sliced
1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced thin
15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
12 ounce bottle Bubble Up
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 basil flavor cubes
1 oregano flavor cube
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- GENEROUSLY salt and pepper the roast on both sides.
- Sprinkle with Wondra Flour and pat flour into meat.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium high heat in a large, deep skillet or dutch oven (preferably with a drip catcher lid).
- Brown the roast on both sides and set aside .
- Add remaining butter to skillet to melt.
- Add onions and celery, sauteing until translucent.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and more salt and pepper.
- Add mushroomsand saute a couple minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and Bubble Up, stirring to combine.
- Lay Roast across top of vegetables and top with flavor cubes.
- Cover and roast 2 hours untouched.
- Check for tenderness, cooking until fork tender.
- Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.
I serve it with fresh asparagus and you have all your veggies in one place.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!