BEEF & POTATO HAND PIES
1 tablespoon Avocado oil
1 small wall walla sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 medium Yukon gold potato, diced small
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 package (2 sheets) Pepperidge Farm puff pastry
Fresh ground salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, cooking until soft.
- Add garlic, cooking until fragrant.
- Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat into very small pieces.
- Add potato, paprika and raisins, stirring to blend well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a lightly floured work surface, gently roll out puff pastry and smooth creases.
- Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Place 1/3 cup of meat mixture into center of each squae.
- Lightly brush edges with water.
- Fold over into triangles and seal edges.
- Sprinkle with more paprika.
- Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until puff pastry is golden and puffed.
- Brush with melted butter during last 5 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.