2 pounds chuck roast
1 cup 7 UP
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Lay steaks in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the Lipton onion soup evenly over the steaks.
- Spread cream of mushroom soup over top of dry soup.
- Pour 7 UP over the soups.
- Cover with foil and bake for 4 hours without peeking!
- Remove from oven and let rest undisturbed for 15-20 minutes.
AUTUMN POTATO GRATIN
4 medium YUKON potatoes, thinly sliced
1 small butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced thin
2 large carrots, cut into thin slivers
1 large bunch green onions, sliced thin
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups shredded Fontina Cheese (reserving 1/4 cup for top)
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 3 quart baking dish.
- Layer potatoes, squash and carrots.
- Top each layer with a small sprinkling of green onions, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cheese and Wondra flour. Repeat layers.
- Pour whipping cream evenly over layers and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake covered for 90 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes more.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.