I've had a long week here with multiple visits to the emergency vet for Gunner's ear, a knee problem that has kept me immobile a lot of the time as well as FUMING mad at the medical "professionals" that are dealing with it.
The ultrasound technician who performed one of the tests on me over 2 months ago, my primary care provider and I believe hit the nail on the head as to the cause. Now, if we could just get the "specialists" and their staffs as well as the primary care physician's staff to get all their crap together maybe, JUST MAYBE I could actually get treated so I can walk again without pain.
In the meantime, I need pie. Don't you need pie? Make this pie and you won't be disappointed.BUTTERFINGER PIE
24 OREO cookies, crushed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Blend together the crushed cookies and butter until you have a uniform consistency.
- Press cookie crumbs into your 9 inch spring form pan.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup JIF creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup superfine sugar
pinch of Sea Salt
8 ounces cool whip
3 King size candy bars, chopped fine
- Cream the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add peanut butter, sugar and salt beating until fluffy.
- Fold in the cool whip with a spatula just until incorporated.
- Fold in 2/3 +/- of the candy bar pieces, reserving enough to sprinkle on top as a finish.
- Remove crust from the freezer.
- Pour into the prepared crust and spread smooth.
- Top with remaining candy bar pieces.
- Chill at least one hour (overnight is best) before serving.