BLACK BEAN CORN CAKES with CHILI PEPPER SOUR CREAM1 cup Fresh Garden Salsa
15 ounce can black beans
11 ounce can white shoe peg corn
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
1 medium egg
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Whisk the sour cream, red pepper flakes and chili powder until well blended. Chill.
- In a colander drain the black beans and corn. Drain and rinse well.
- Mash the beans and corn.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the muffin mix and egg.
- Add bean mixture and cayenne pepper, blending well.
- Form into 6 patties. They will be gooey so I like to spray my patty maker with PURE first.
- Layer patties between wax paper and freeze for 2 hours ( no more or they will be too frozen and mushy in the middle)
- Melt butter or oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side until golden and crispy.
- Serve with Chili pepper sour cream and warm tortillas or Quesadilla pieces.