Do you watch comedies on TV? We do and this recipe was inspired by Everybody Loves Raymond. Debra's lemon chicken always being made fun of made me want to make a REALLY GOOD lemon chicken full of flavor. This recipe is it!
sea salt and white pepper to taste
1 teaspoon red chile pepper flakes
1/4 cup Cream Sherry or 1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons Avocado oil
1 small Vidalia onion, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large skillet melt butter, add oil and bring to medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Dredge chicken breast in flour.
- Move onions to outside ring of the pan.
- Add chicken pieces salt & peppering as you brown them (about 5 minutes per side)
- While chicken is browning, roll lemon and lime on the counter to loosen pulp and juice.
- Plate chicken and keep warm.
- Add cream sherry to deglaze pan, scrapping up the bits at the bottom.
- Dissolve the sugar into the lemon and lime juice. Add red pepper flakes.
- Pour over onions and cook a few minutes more until juice forms a glaze.
- Pour over plated chicken and serve immediately.