CHEESY ARTICHOKE CHICKEN
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped tarragon
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/4 inch thickness
1/2 cup chopped and drained marinated artichoke hearts
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, two thirds of the artichoke pieces and half of the tarragon, thyme and parsley.
- Melt butter and stir together with the crushed crackers and half of the remaining thyme, tarragon and parsley. Set aside.
- Generously season chicken breasts with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the cracker crumb mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer on top of the crackers crumbs.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the remaining cracker crumbs over the cheese mixture.
- Loosely tent with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes more until chicken is cooked through.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped herbs and serve immediately.